Let’s meet the scientists and schools taking part…
Ria Vaportzis | Postdoctoral, Heriot-Watt University
I use tests to see if playing with computers can make older people’s brain faster.
Rachel Harris | PhD Student, University of Bristol
I experiment with human brains to understand why nerve cells die in Alzheimer’s disease.
Joe Bathelt | Postdoctoral, Medical Research Council UK
I’m trying to figure out why some children struggle in school by investigating how their brains are connected.
Iroise Dumontheil | Lecturer, University of London
I use a machine containing a super strong magnet to research how the teenage human brain differs from the adult brain, and whether the differences can explain how teenagers think and behave.
Adrian Chu | PhD Student, University of York
A deadly bug can eat your brain and kill you within hours – I want to know why!
- Alford Academy, Aberdeenshire
- Baltasound Junior High School, Shetland
- Berkshire College of Agriculture, Berkshire
- Caerleon Comprehensive School, Newport
- Dundee and Angus College, Angus
- Francis Holland School, London
- Hammersmith Academy, London
- Hartsdown Academy, Kent
- Mid-Cheshire College of Further Education, Cheshire
- Perth Academy, Perth
- Richmond School, North Yorkshire
- Selwood Academy, Somerset
- St Bartholomew’s School, Berkshire
- The Cooper School, Oxfordshire
- Weston College, Somerset
- Wirral Metropolitan College, Marseyside
- International School of Toulouse, France
This zone is funded by the Wellcome Trust.