Thank you from your winner – Joe!

Students, we want to hear from you too! Click here to go to your profile survey and tell us what you think for a chance to win a £20 voucher!

We asked Joe to tell us about winning I’m a Scientist, and here is what he said…

Thank you so much to everyone who voted for me. I would have never thought that I would stand a chance to win this competition, especially with such great scientists in the Brain zone. I learned a lot from them about topics that I knew very little about like dementia and also things that I had never even considered – frozen brains and brain-eating bacteria!

I also want to thank the organisers and moderators that made this event run so smoothly. Because the event was so well organised, I could fully focus on chatting and tackling the questions. I really enjoyed taking part in this event. It provided a unique opportunity to communicate with students in a fun and engaging way. It also opened my eyes to the topics that really interest students and made me see what students think of my research.

Also a big thank you to all of the students with their exuberant enthusiasm, never-ending curiosity, and fantastic sense of humour. I thoroughly enjoyed chatting with you and discussing your questions. I was really impressed how some of you put the finger right onto the big questions that have kept scientists and philosophers busy for centuries. Other questions also made me stop and think so that I could see my own field with fresh eyes. Thank you for being brilliant!

Now that the event is over, crunching data on my computer by myself makes me really miss the chats. However, the void will be filled quickly. Thanks to your voting and the generous people at “I’m a Scientist”, I will now get stuck in to develop a lesson for schools to teach kids how they can keep things in mind more easily to aid their learning.

A massive thank you to everyone!

Yours,
Joe

Posted on November 22, 2016 by modmichaela in News. Leave a comment.